Tag Archives: savings

May 15

Only one in five EPF contributors can afford to retire

Only 22 percent of the 6.7 million Employees Provident Fund (EPF) active contributors aged 54 years have sufficient savings of RM196,800 or more to sustain themselves during retirement. EPF Head of Strategy Management Department Balqais Yusoff said the other 78 percent of the contributors, unfortunately, did not have the basic amount for their retirement years. […]

March 13

EPF says 80% of workers have savings below poverty line as they turn 55

Nearly 80% of workers who will turn 55 this year will not have enough savings in their Employees Provident Fund (EPF) to live above the poverty line, according to figures released by the fund’s chief executive officer. The Malaysian Insider reports: Datuk Shahril Ridza Ridzuan said for the next 20 years, the workers would not […]