Sue them, Zaid rallies highway protestors
Former law minister Zaid Ibrahim told a 400-strong crowd today to take legal action against the developers of the proposed Kidex and Dash highways to stop the two projects which face stiff opposition from unhappy residents.
At a protest rally in Dataran Petaling Jaya today, Zaid said: “Let’s take them to court. We have to try. Let’s not have them take us as fools, we must fight”.
Zaid told the crowd he would bear the cost of legal fees himself, Malay Mail Online reported.
The former minister’s former legal firm, which bears his name, became Malaysia’s largest. He left the firm when he became a minister.
Today’s gathering was attended by those who oppose the construction of the Kinrara-Damansara (Kidex) expressway and the Damansara-Shah Alam Expressway (Dash).
The group held the rally to register their extreme unhappiness over how both the Selangor state government and Putrajaya were ignoring their concerns.
It was earlier reported that Putrajaya had given the developers of Dash the okay to begin construction.
In a text message Works Minister Fadillah Yusof had confirmed that the developer, Prolintas Sdn Bhd, had been granted government approval on December 25.
He said he had instructed Prolintas and the Malaysian Highway Authority to take into consideration objections from residents opposed to the route alignment.
Fadillah said the highway authority had been asked to do a study so that amendments could be made about affected areas.
Dash is a 20km, three-lane, dual carriageway from Puncak Perdana in Shah Alam to the Penchala interchange.